Our client, a privately-held, venture-backed technology company and leader in mobile data and analytics, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its desire to add a commercial attorney with software/SaaS licensing and product counseling experience to their legal team. This self-motivated individual will be comfortable working in an exciting, high-growth, fast paced, sales-driven culture. This role will be dedicated to managing the expectations of the Sales department as well as engaging directly with customers and partners and their attorneys during contract negotiations. The position is based in the San Francisco office and will report directly to the Company’s Chief Legal Officer.
• Provide global support; draft and negotiate a wide range of global B2B agreements, both inbound and outbound, including cloud-based licensing agreements, professional services offerings, vendor contracts, and consulting agreements;
• Provide guidance to product teams on issues related to new and existing products and features;
• Maintain and update terms of service, privacy policies and other templates;
• Interface with Sales, Product and Finance teams to assist the Legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and optimization of forms, processes and procedures;
• Streamline contract management processes and templates and conduct training sessions for the Company’s internal clients on procedures and other contract or legal topics;
• Work effectively with senior management and create strong trusted advisor relationships with the business leaders.
• 7+ years as a deal/transactional lawyer at a top law firm and in-house cloud company;
• JD from an accredited law school and Member of the California State Bar in good standing.
• Local candidates only will be considered at this time (San Francisco Bay Area);
• Direct experience in structuring, negotiating, and drafting cloud-based licensing and vendor agreements;
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure, juggle multiple projects with contending priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change in a dynamic environment;
• Effective written and verbal communication skills and an ability to facilitate clear and open communication at all levels of the organization;
• The ideal candidate will have a sense of humor, be well organized, and demonstrate a genuine willingness to be accountable to timely delivery with exceptional results;
• Experience in Data Privacy & Protection and/or B2C mobile apps is preferred but not required.
The Company offers competitive compensation, including equity, comprehensive benefits, and numerous startup perks.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.