Our client, a cutting-edge, national title and settlement provider that is revolutionizing the title industry, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the executives with their desire to add a Head of Legal to its leadership team. This attorney will report directly to the Co-CEOs and will manage a small team of legal and compliance professionals.
This attorney will be a key member of the leadership team and will provide analysis and guidance on company transactions, as well as new market areas, evaluate risk, ensure compliance with regulatory bodies nationally and will manage projects of benefit to the Legal Team and department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the company's primary in-house attorney and taking a leadership role in providing counsel to all levels of management regarding business challenges, corporate objectives, title claims, regulatory matters, employment law, litigation, and other real estate matters.
- Providing practical, risk-based legal counsel on matters impacting the company's services, especially title, and escrow processes.
- Implementing and managing the Company’s compliance with title underwriting requirements, licensing, and settlement services related regulations, as well as general corporate governance matters, and interfacing with key internal and external partners on regulatory and licensing matters impacting the company.
- Understanding business needs and collaboratively conducting appropriate due diligence and assisting in negotiating and drafting customer contracts, NDAs, LOIs and SOWs.
- Assisting with employment matters in collaboration with the People Ops team, as needed.
- Facilitating new applications and renewals of title producer/agent and other insurance related licensing.
- Managing outside counsel and legal budget of the company.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 10+ years of experience in dealing with residential and commercial real estate transactions, REITS, and/or title and escrow regulatory matters, and commercial contracts such as master agreements, and vendor contracts.
- Experience with managing/supervising a team; experience building, and leading in-house legal team preferred.
- An ability to work independently, think creatively and flexibly, and provide practical legal solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- The passion to support a broad range of business team members in a fast-paced, tech-enabled environment with a rapidly growing enterprise technology company.
The ideal candidate will be a customer-focused and business-driven team player who is energetic and wants to be part of revolutionizing a trillion-dollar industry in a cutting-edge company. Candidates with title and escrow experience are required.
People can work in one of the company’s hubs in Atlanta, Dallas, or L.A. or remotely
Compensation is competitive and includes excellent benefits.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.