Our client, a business to direct consumer technology company with almost $1B in funding has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the executives in their search for a Chief Privacy Officer (CPO). This attorney will manage a privacy team and will report to the Chief Legal Officer who is responsible for the company’s Legal, Policy, Trust & Safety, and Corporate Security matters on a global scale. Location is flexible – as remote work is supported. Our client has offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and Dallas, Texas. So candidates living in those areas who wish to have a hybrid work environment will be accommodated.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience managing the data privacy program for a well-respected/well-branded company with global operations. Experience working for a consumer-oriented company with a global user base > 100M active users is strongly desired.
This privacy leader will also know how to design and implement data privacy at scale and will have experience working in a fast-paced environment, consistently making good decisions under tight deadlines. This attorney will possess:
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Ability to recruit, motivate, and develop an exceptional, global team of privacy professionals
- Understanding of business and cultural norms outside the United State
The CPO will be responsible for developing, advancing, and communicating a comprehensive global privacy strategy for the company that spans user data, partner data, and employee data. Specific duties include:
- Developing and implementing a set of privacy principles to guide the company’s collection, storage, use, and destruction of personal data
- Selecting and implement technology to track and accurately report on the company’s data practices
- Identifying regulatory and legislative trends that may represent new data privacy obligations for the company; manage the company’s compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations on a global basis.
- Coordinating regular independent third-party assessments of the company’s data privacy program and track resulting cross-functional remediation plans
- Preparing regular privacy status reports for the company’s management team and Board of Directors
- Promoting employee awareness and training on privacy policies and best practices
- Coordinating accurate and efficient responses to inquiries about the company’s privacy programs coming from users, partners, insurance underwriters, the media, and governments
- Building and maintaining positive connections with government officials and partner companies
- Designing and implementing an effective and efficient framework for data protection across the company’s supply chain
- Liaise with external organizations, such as industry trade associations, standards organization, and other advisory groups to ensure that the company maintains a strong data privacy posture with external stakeholders
- Serve as designated company spokesperson for external communications on privacy topics (i.e. blog posts, media, partner events, regulatory hearings); building a clear and compelling narrative that generates trust in the company’s data privacy practices.
This is an exceptional leadership opportunity for a privacy attorney.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained as the recruiter of preference for this incredible search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Candidates applying directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review.