Our client, a cutting-edge newly public global, mission-driven SaaS company, has exclusively retained Solutus to assist in the hiring of a Vice president of Legal, Commercial and Operations to join their legal team.
This role involves leading and handling cutting-edge and sophisticated legal projects and matters. The person is this role will operate independently in a high growth environment and be comfortable working collaboratively and proactively within Legal as well as cross-functionally and with external partners. This position will report to our Senior Vice President/General Counsel in San Francisco.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading, building and directing a team covering all legal and contract negotiations matters across the company’s commercial activities and operations related to all Commercial Legal processes, including process optimization and automation as well as data and metrics tracking and decisioning.
- Working closely with Sales, Business Development and Self-Service Growth teams to ensure the company scales its teams, processes and ensuring the quality development, revision and implementation of robust-yet-sensible processes, procedures and tools to improve the customer experience in conducting business across all customer segments and partner contracting.
- Guiding the global team regarding the drafting and negotiation of, customer and partner subscription and consulting agreements for SaaS offerings under California, English and EU law and applicable U.S. federal law in a fast-moving environment with rapid negotiation cycles.
- Managing and supporting procurement negotiations.
- Providing mentorship to senior attorneys and developing their leadership skills.
- At least 15 years’ experience with subject matter expertise in commercial transactions, in-house sales, SaaS and enterprise B2B transactions, including key substantive legal matters relevant to SaaS contracting such as commercial, data privacy and export control laws as well as intellectual property disputes and commercial, data privacy and export control laws as well as intellectual property disputes and open source matters; and experience building and managing a team.
- Deep familiarity and demonstrated experience with commercial contracts lifecycle management, and creating, implementing, improving, simplifying and ensuring adherence to systems, processes and procedures.
- Experience negotiating global strategic transactions, such as OEM agreements, exclusive geographic distribution arrangements, joint ventures, collaborative product development, etc.
- Strong professional judgment, practicality, and client service focus with excellent legal analysis and oral and written communication skills.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growth technology company in a high visibility and impactful role. Employees are passionate about the mission of the company and the company is committed to social responsibility and diversity and has a strong public interest arm.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.