Our client, a rapidly growing, mission-driven, private technology company with a fantastic, dynamic culture, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for a Vice President, Legal to lead the Company’s legal function. This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate and motivated team that is committed to working together cross-functionally to create positive impacts on people’s day-to-day lives.
The VP Legal will have the ability to lead strategically, but also contribute individually, balancing and prioritizing the legal needs of an ever changing and growing SaaS company. The role is diverse, and the successful candidate will be a strategic thought partner to the business and leadership teams. Responsibilities will include providing leadership on general corporate and governance matters, partnering with and advising product teams, and drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of commercial and technology agreements. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer, who is a highly regarded, seasoned executive and leader in the technology industry.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 15+ years of experience practicing law in the technology space, including experience as an in-house attorney;
- Areas of deep substantive expertise that include: Corporate, Product Counseling and/or Commercial Transactions, as well as operational strength
- Proven success at a SaaS, high-growth and/or pre-IPO company;
- A collaborative approach and ability to develop and support strong cross-functional relationships;
- Impeccable legal and business judgment and an ability to quickly assess risk/impact and prioritize;
- Management/mentorship/leadership experience;
- A connection to and excitement about the Company’s mission; and
- a JD, admission to the California Bar, and an excellent academic record. Local candidates only (Northern California).
Our client’s culture is open, creative, impactful and collaborative. The ideal candidate will thrive in such an environment. The company embraces diversity and inclusion and is committed to building and supporting a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Compensation is competitive and includes equity.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.