Our client, a publicly traded company, is a leading platform that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex financial operations for small and midsize businesses around the globe. Its customers use the platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments. The company is recognized as one of the “Best Places To Work”, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in its desire to add a world-class executive to lead and grow its Product Legal team. This attorney will report directly to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer and partner with the Chief Product Officer’s organization on the execution of the product roadmap while balancing legal and regulatory requirements with customer, market, cross-functional and leadership inputs. The San Francisco Bay Area location is preferred, but our client will consider candidates located in Salt Lake City, UT, Houston, TX, Seattle, WA and Los Angeles, CA.
The successful candidate will possess 14+ years of legal experience including leading product legal teams at high-growth SaaS companies with an understanding of regulations related to financial services, privacy and cybersecurity. Have a deep passion for partnering with product teams to develop products and the user experience with deep customer empathy and intuition while balancing legal and regulatory requirements.
- Legal business partner to the Chief Product Officer’s organization and providing legal guidance on a broad range of issues throughout the product lifecycle as the company executes on its high-growth strategy.
- Leading the Product Counsel function in the Legal and Compliance department and establishing and executing on a legal strategy that is designed to support scalable growth, build trust with customers. manage legal and compliance risks and foster the development of innovative products to address the needs of SMB’s
- Partner and collaborate with other functions within the legal and compliance organizations including commercial transactions, corporate, regulatory and compliance operations and cross-functionally including payment and risk operations and information security.
- 14+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department at leading SaaS or FinTech companies
- Experience as a product counsel leader scaled, product-driven companies and building and managing product counseling teams.
- Understanding of financial services regulations, privacy, cybersecurity and data protection regulations.
- Skilled business partner and thought leader, intellectual curiosity, effective communicator and adept at balancing risk and opportunity.
The successful candidate will have the ability to team well with others and thrive in a fast paced, commercially oriented, and fun work environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with sound business and legal judgment are key to success in this job. This attorney will possess a highly responsive and service-oriented value system and be able to prioritize work and manage deadlines. S/he will also be confident, polished and exude executive presence. A sense of fun and humor will fit in well with this fantastic culture.
Employees are authentic, passionate about what they do, and dedicated to the company’s mission and product. The legal team is a fantastic group who work well together and possess mutual camaraderie and respect.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high profile, cutting-edge public company experiencing incredible success. Compensation is competitive and the career opportunity is compelling.
Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively retained for this highly desirable search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.