Our client, a successful genomics data software company in Silicon Valley, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in adding a Vice President, Head of Legal to their growing team. This legal executive will report directly to the CFO, and will be responsible for leading the legal function, managing the legal needs for the company’s data platform and partnering with the company’s sales, operations, business development, and other teams to negotiate complex commercial transactions. This is a high visibility role with a great opportunity to make a meaningful and immediate impact.
• Drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements, service agreements, sales contracts, strategic alliances, licenses, intellectual property agreements and other inbound and outbound commercial agreements.
• Standardizing form agreements, driving processes and streamlining policies and procedures.
• Supporting and advising internal stakeholders (including, sales, operations, business development, procurement, etc.) in all ranges of commercial transactions, IP, opensource and privacy matters.
• 8+ years of relevant experience.
• Extensive experience structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of complex commercial agreements, comfortable and adept at partnering with members of the sales organization in fast-paced commercial transactions.
• Experience at a SaaS, cloud computing or enterprise software company and deep understanding of cloud-based data management platforms.
• Life science experience or technical background is desired but not required.
• Experience advising on a variety of other legal matters including privacy, intellectual property rights, and opensource.
• Willingness to roll up sleeves, dig into details and contribute where needed.
• Strong deal-making skills and experience partnering with sales teams to close deals.
Strong interpersonal skills are a must. The successful candidate will be confident, decisive, and intellectually curious, and a lawyer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Our client’s culture is high integrity with a focus on respect and collaboration. The V.P. of Legal will align with these values and thrive in this culture. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a company that is developing potentially paradigm-changing products that are the future of human health. If you are inspired and equipped to be a legal leader in the global genomics industry, this opportunity is for you. Compensation is competitive with excellent benefits and the role allows for great flexibility to be resident in the company’s Silicon Valley or San Francisco headquarters.
Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively engaged on this search. Interested candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.