Our client, a publicly-traded medical device company has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the executives in their search for a Vice President, General Counsel to serve as the top legal executive in the organization.
The General Counsel will be a member of the Executive Team and will be responsible for advising the Chief Executive Officer, members of the executive leadership team and the Board of Directors on various critical legal and business matters. S/he/They will lead all aspects of the corporate function and will serve as the Corporate Secretary. The successful candidate will manage a small existing legal team and will report to the Chief Financial Officer, who is wonderful. Company culture is not a “chain of command” dynamic and this legal exec will have frequent interactions with the CEO, including monthly compliance meetings.
Experience in a medical device/biotechnology/pharmaceutical company is required. High quality law firm experience is a strong plus.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 12+ years of hands-on legal experience supporting corporate governance issues, corporate and commercial contracting activities and healthcare compliance activities, and corporate secretarial duties
- In-house medical device/biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong knowledge of contract documents and concepts and strong drafting skills, attention to details is important
- Understanding of, and experience with, regulatory framework applicable to interactions with healthcare professionals, patient privacy, and related issues
- Experience in strategic M&A activities
- Strong understanding of medical device, biotech or pharmaceutical operations and the ability to create policies and programs that work for the business
- Great negotiating skill, ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and work independently under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both individual and group settings
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, manage a significant number of projects simultaneously and to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
Our client exists to make a positive difference in the lives of patients, physicians, healthcare providers, shareholders and their employee team members. They take pride in hiring the best and brightest minds to its world-class company. This is a spectacular public company General Counsel.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.