Our client, a private technology company, is partnering with Solutus Legal Search for a senior leader commercial lawyer. Reporting to the Senior VP and General Counsel, the ideal candidate will possess 15+ years of legal experience including significant experience providing pragmatic advice and solutions to internal clients on the full spectrum of corporate, commercial and compliance matters.
Management experience is a must – as this attorney will lead, manage and grow a team of sophisticated attorneys and contract negotiators. Proven and demonstrative management and leadership skills are required. The VP will:
• Advise and work closely with management and cross-functional teams on legal risks, strategy, compliance and policy in regard to a variety of matters in order to facilitate sustainable growth.
• Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear, concise advice, and creative solutions on established timelines to meet the business needs.
• Provide leadership on the company’s corporate and corporate development transactions, such as M&A deals, corporate finance, and restructurings of corporate debt.
• Provide strategic and tactical legal advice in connection with the drafting, negotiation, and review of a wide variety of contracts and strategic agreements, including licensing agreements, business partner agreements, service agreements, finance agreements, purchase and sale agreements
• Guide the company and manage on compliance matters with regards to the preparation of policies and procedures and other documents related to governance, business operations and regulatory compliance.
• Develop and deliver training to inform internal teams on best practices and mentor junior team member.
• Liaise with and instruct external counsel on various matters including consumer litigation.
This role will partner closely with peers on the legal team and support legal operations and initiatives to support the company’s day-to-day business operations. S/he will also work closely with other internal executives to execute on company business objectives and drive legal departmental initiatives.
Culture fit with our client and the legal team is essential. This lawyer must have the proven ability to develop collaborative working relationships with a strong team of sales and other company business units and is expected to “roll up their sleeves” and help enable the growth of the business. The successful candidate will work efficiently with attention to responsiveness, and will independently manage his/her own workload while managing others. S/he must be a self-starter who possesses a strong work ethic, be highly organized, be able to handle multiple activities simultaneously. S/he must not only be able to take a risk-based approach to solving current problems to maintain momentum, but also understand and develop what is required to achieve the longer-term goals of the business. This attorney will also have excellent time management skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment. Excellent academic credentials as well as strong technology and significant in-house experience are required.
Local candidates only will be considered at this time (San Francisco Bay Area).
Compensation is competitive. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a dynamic company and high caliber legal department. The role is compelling and is fitted with a great deal of responsibility and autonomy.
Solutus Legal has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.