Our client, one of the greatest technology companies in the world has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in its desire to add a world class attorney to lead its growing Product Legal team. This attorney will report to the Senior Vice President, Global Privacy & Product Legal and will manage a robust team.
The successful candidate will possess 13+ years of legal experience. S/he will be well versed in the areas of commercial/technology transactions law, privacy, product counseling and IP. A technical degree is preferred, but is not required (however those possessing a technical degree will have a competitive advantage). Management experience is a must.
• Providing legal guidance on a broad range of issues throughout the product lifecycle, including product development, go-to-market strategy, privacy and data protection, and other regulatory and contractual matters.
• Leading the Product Legal team, a group of 16 individuals, 15 of whom are lawyers, that continues to grow at a rapid pace.
• Setting forth and executing on the strategic vision for the Product Legal team.
• Partnering with and counseling executives in the Company’s Technology & Products organization to foster the development of innovative technologies while managing legal risk and ensuring legal compliance.
• Shaping policies and processes to help scale as the Company continues to grow and drive important compliance initiatives related to the product development lifecycle.
• Maintaining close relationships with subject matter experts across the Law & Corporate Affairs department (e.g., Privacy, Intellectual Property, Commercial Legal, and Procurement Legal) in addition to other departments across the Company (e.g., Security).
• Assist with acquisition and integration of products, content, services, and technologies, including due diligence and integration related to mergers and acquisitions
• Reviewing and negotiating inbound technology transactions that integrate with the Company’s services.
• Serving as a resident expert and resource on issues related to privacy and data protection as it relates to the Company’s platform, products, and services.
Required Skills / Experience:
• Significant leadership and people management experience.
• 13+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department, preferably in the technology industry, with significant product counseling experience.
• Experience negotiating and drafting technology license agreements.
• Experience with privacy and data protection issues and strong knowledge of global privacy laws, in particular GDPR.
• Substantive expertise in the laws governing advertising technology, e-commerce, marketing, consumer protection laws, social media, and online tracking technology.
• Well-grounded knowledge of intellectual property law.
• Familiarity with open source software licensing practices.
Desired Skills / Experience
• Computer Science / Engineering background.
• Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification.
The successful candidate will have the ability to team well with others and thrive in a fast paced, commercially oriented and fun work environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with sound business and legal judgment are key to success in this job. This attorney will possess a highly responsive and service oriented value system and be able to prioritize work and manage deadlines. S/he will also be confident, polished and exude executive presence. A sense of fun and humor will fit in well with this fantastic culture.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most highly sought after and cutting edge companies in the world. Compensation is competitive, hours are good and the career opportunity is compelling.
Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively retained for this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.