Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively retained by our client, a cutting-edge, newly public technology company, to assist the Company in its search for an experienced commercial transactions attorney to join their fantastic, and growing, legal team.
This attorney will:
- Love data! Lead negotiations of and operational strategies for complex data-based agreements, including data that informs the Company’s core processes and customer products, software systems that parse data, and data the Company markets to others.
- Develop, draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, including vendor agreements for SaaS/software and technology licenses, managed services, employee benefits, software and technology licenses, as well as other master services, national supplier, marketing, non-disclosure, and joint venture agreements.
- Lead and manage complex contract negotiations from start to finish, in coordination with other legal subject matter experts, and business stakeholders.
- Work closely with privacy counsel, product counsel and business partners to evaluate impact of privacy laws and regulatory requirements on commercial contracting practices.
- Provide practical and focused advice to the Company’s business teams on relevant legal concepts, issues and risks, agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures relating to signing authority.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvements and efficiencies, including related to the contract negotiation and administration process.
- Respond promptly to the demands of a growing and active business and educate internal clients on matters relating to contract processes, and working with the Legal team generally.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Law degree from an ABA accredited law school and membership in good standing with any state bar.
- At least 4-7 years of experience directly negotiating commercial agreements in a major law firm, an in-house legal department, or a combination of both; in-house tech company experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex Saas/software and data agreements negotiations and working with multiple internal stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of global privacy laws and obligations, including CCPA and GDPR.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to solving problems and developing creative processes - you see a problem or issue, you attack it head-on.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a growing legal team and cross-functionally with members at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a team-oriented attitude.
- Comfort with voicing views independently and respectfully.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks effectively and independently.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on interesting work and assume a great deal of responsibility at a fast-paced, creative, high-growth, and disruptive company. Our client offers competitive compensation, including equity, and comprehensive benefits.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.