Our client, a cutting-edge consumer finance technology company, has exclusively retained Solutus to assist in their hiring of a Sr. Counsel/Lead Counsel (Product & Regulatory) to join their small and growing legal team.
In this role you will be responsible for providing proactive and practical legal advice cross-functionally on the application of state and federal laws and regulations governing new and innovative products offered via our client’s platform. You’ll become the legal expert on new laws and regulations related to company products, advise on internal and external consumer agreements and notices, and review internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws. You’ll work closely with the compliance team to provide advice and guidance on disputes or other issues.
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- J.D. degree and eligible to practice law in California (RIHC is acceptable);
- 5+ years of legal experience at a law firm, government and/or in-house legal department focused on banking and/or financial regulations (consumer lending experience is preferred);
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state banking, lending and consumer protection laws and regulations;
- Experience working with and advising compliance, product and engineering teams; and
- A self-starter who is excited to help grow and build new products as a member of a first-class legal team.
Opportunities to join cutting edge, market-disrupting companies like this are rare. This role will provide the successful candidate with the immediate opportunity to positively impact the business and become an important contributor to the company’s success. Our client offers competitive compensation, including equity, and comprehensive benefits. Our client’s culture is fast-paced, respectful, and collaborative. The legal team is a highly valued partner in the business. The ideal candidate will thrive in such an environment.
Title and compensation will depend on seniority and directly relevant experience. Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.