Our client, a newly public innovative technology company, seeks to hire an experienced compliance attorney to join its top-notch legal team. This role may be 100% remote. Some limited travel to San Francisco, Phoenix, or the Dallas area may be required. As Sr. Compliance Counsel you will be an integral part in the development of the Company’s enterprise compliance management system and will provide day-to-day compliance advice to this consumer finance company. This is an excellent opportunity to join an outstanding and collegial legal team at a cutting-edge company.
- Work with senior management to ensure that employees understand and comply with laws, regulations and company policies
- Partner with product and operational business teams to ensure products, marketing, and processes comply with law and put customers first
- Collaborate with regulators and public authorities as needed, including supporting company positions by developing responses to compliance complaints, investigations, and administrative proceedings
- Remain up to date on regulatory changes and applicable industry best practices and keep the teams, including the mortgage team, apprised of such changes
- Design and prepare presentations and reports, leveraging strong written communication skills in order to provide meaningful recommendations to executive leadership
- Coordinate and lead all aspects of internal compliance audits, develop training, create and recommend policies and procedures
- Oversee company and individual licensing
- Apply expertise to new and potentially ground-breaking ideas
- Advise on day-to-day compliance matters and be a calm resource in case of escalations
- J.D. from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in the state in which you reside;
- 8+ years legal experience in a major law firm, in-house legal department, or combination of both including applicable consumer compliance regulatory work in (a) an industry regulated by the CFPB and (b) more than one of the following areas: enterprise wide compliance, fair lending, compliance risk management programs, and UDAAP/UDAP;
- Knowledge of and experience applying statutory frameworks and consumer finance and/or mortgage industry guidelines (e.g., Dodd-Frank, TILA, RESPA, ECOA, GLBA, UDAAP, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, CCPA, BSA-AML)
Our client seeks a nimble go-getter with the ability to recalibrate quickly in a rapidly changing environment. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right attorney to take on interesting work at a fast-paced, creative, high-growth, and disruptive company. Our client offers competitive compensation, including equity, and comprehensive benefits.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.