Our client, a well-funded, cutting-edge pre-public technology company, seeks to hire an experienced regulatory compliance attorney to join its small, but growing, legal team. This attorney will be responsible for the formulation, communication and implementation of compliance policies and procedures across the company.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Staying up to date on regulatory changes and industry best practices and keeping the business apprised of such changes;
• Partnering with teams across the business to manage, monitor, and resolve compliance related issues;
• Identifying compliance gaps, creating compliance solutions for the business, and establishing oneself as a reliable internal compliance expert;
• Developing, maintaining, monitoring, and updating the company’s compliance manual and procedures; and
• Supporting company positions by developing responses to compliance complaints, investigations, and administrative proceedings.
• J.D. from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in California or Texas (as applicable - registered in house counsel is acceptable);
• Real estate transactional experience is a plus;
• At least 6 years of legal experience, at a law firm and/or in house; and
• The ability to work independently and cross-functionally, think creatively and flexibly, and provide practical legal solutions.
Our client seeks a go-getter with the ability to quickly build rapport with business teams and calibrate compliant advice and strategy based on a practical approach to risk tolerance. The legal department is extremely collegial and friendly with a good sense of humor. The ideal candidate will thrive in such an environment. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right attorney to take on interesting work and assume a great deal of responsibility at a fast-paced, creative, high-growth, and disruptive company. Our client offers competitive compensation, including equity, comprehensive benefits, and startup perks. Title and compensation will be dependent on directly relevant experience.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.