Our client, a well-funded, cutting-edge pre-public technology company, seeks to hire an experienced Mortgage Compliance attorney to join its small, but growing, legal team. This attorney will be responsible for the formulation, communication and implementation of compliance policies and procedures across the company.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Serving as the subject matter expert within the company on relevant laws and regulations;
• Collaborating with business teams to implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and consistency in standards;
• Evaluating processes and controls to identify vulnerabilities and provide recommendations for improvement;
• Partnering with business teams to prepar for regulatory audits and examinations including any remediation resulting from such audits or examinations; and
• Training business teams on applicable regulations and consumer regulatory requirements.
• J.D. from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in California or Texas (as applicable - registered in house counsel is acceptable);
• Solid working knowledge of consumer mortgage products and a strong regulatory background in regulations including Regulation B and fair lending laws, Regulation Z, FHA, GLBA, BSA/AML, and RESPA;
• Strong understanding of the Compliance Management Systems and the federal and state regulatory frameworks that apply to mortgages;
• ACAMS certification is preferred;
• At least 6 years of legal experience, at a law firm and/or in house; and
• The ability to work independently and cross-functionally, think creatively and flexibly, and provide practical legal solutions.
Our client seeks a go-getter with the ability to quickly build rapport with business teams and calibrate compliant advice and strategy based on a practical approach to risk tolerance. The legal department is extremely collegial and friendly with a good sense of humor. The ideal candidate will thrive in such an environment. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right attorney to take on interesting work and assume a great deal of responsibility at a fast-paced, creative, high-growth, and disruptive company. Our client offers competitive compensation, including equity, comprehensive benefits, and startup perks. Title and compensation will be dependent on directly relevant experience.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.