Our client, a well-funded, cutting-edge technology company, seeks to hire a senior data privacy and security counsel to join its top-notch and collegial legal team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience with data privacy and security compliance.
- Previous experience counseling companies in the consumer finance or ecommerce space.
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) experience as well as CIPP certification is preferred.
- A JD and admission to practice law in the state in which they practice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Help drive the continued development and implementation of the company’s data privacy and security programs and related policies and procedures.
- Work closely with stakeholders in product management, security, and engineering to implement privacy and security best practices.
- Maintain records to demonstrate compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitor and respond to developments in U.S. privacy law.
- Counsel on legal issues related to advertising and marketing through apps, websites, social media, and other emerging technology platforms.
- Draft and negotiate data privacy and security provisions in agreements.
- Develop and provide employee training in the areas of privacy, security, and compliance.
- Assist in other substantive legal areas, including on intellectual property, collaborating with other legal team members as needed.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-paced, creative, high-growth, and disruptive company. Our client offers competitive compensation, including equity. Title and compensation will depend on years and depth of directly relevant experience.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.