Our client, a dynamic, high-growth, pre-IPO technology company that serves a passionate community of developers, teams, and small to medium-sized businesses all around the world, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in its search for a privacy and technology transactions attorney. This is an outstanding opportunity for an attorney who strives for high impact across a wide array of cutting-edge domestic and international legal matters. This attorney will partner with senior executives, industry organizations and domestic and international governmental agencies, and help develop key policy initiatives for the organization.
Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, this counselor will be an integral member of a high-performing and growing legal team as the company experiences rapid expansion. This is a remote opportunity where executives will consider candidates located anywhere in the U.S., but candidates residing in New York or the San Francisco Bay Area are strongly preferred. Occasional travel to the company’s New York headquarters will accompany this role once employees have safely returned to the office (this attorney may also work out of the company’s offices in Palo Alto, CA or Cambridge, MA)
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- 7-10 years’ of legal experience (in house and law firm) with superb academic credentials
- Strong knowledge of data privacy and security including GDPR and CCPA
- Experience working on technology transactions and IP-related matters including IaaS or SaaS, open-source licensing and other licensing and commercial agreements (technical background not required but preferred)
- Familiarity with or an interest in Trust & Safety/Law Enforcement/Content Policy matters (current or past experience not required but preferred)
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively across numerous departments and all levels of a fast-growing international organization
- Strong work ethic
- Confidence in judgment, abilities and decision making
- Ability to independently solve problems
- JD and State Bar membership (in good standing)
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Advising on the implementation and enforcement of the company’s global data privacy, security, objectionable content, and legal/regulatory policies and protections
- Working closely with relevant business units on the legal aspects of product development, marketing programs and technology initiatives
- Partnering closely with our trust and safety team on responding to litigation, subpoenas, court orders, government relations, IP and other compliance matters
- Negotiating and drafting technology-related partnership, licensing, services and other commercial agreements
- Advising on domestic and international strategic partnerships and M&A
- Managing the company’s IP portfolio and advising on the company’s IP strategies, including open-source governance
This is rare opportunity for an exceptional lawyer who is excited about changing the world through technology. The role offers tremendous responsibility and diversity working with world-class attorneys and executives. If you want amazing work, the ability to make an impact and the opportunity to solve critical company issues, this role is for you.
Compensation and benefits are excellent.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.