Our client, a dynamic, high-growth, public technology company that serves a passionate community of developers, teams, and small to medium-sized businesses all around the world, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in its search for a privacy and technology transactions attorney. This is an outstanding opportunity for an attorney who strives for high impact across a wide array of cutting-edge domestic and international legal matters. This attorney will partner with senior executives, industry organizations and domestic and international governmental agencies, and help develop key policy initiatives for the organization.
Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, this counselor will be an integral member of a high-performing and growing legal team as the company experiences rapid expansion. This is a remote opportunity where executives will consider candidates located anywhere in the U.S., but candidates residing in New York or the San Francisco Bay Area are strongly preferred. Occasional travel to the company’s New York headquarters will accompany this role once employees have safely returned to the office (this attorney may also work out of the company’s offices in Palo Alto, CA or Cambridge, MA)
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- 6-9 years of legal experience (in house and law firm) with superb academic credentials
- Strong knowledge of data privacy and security including GDPR and CCPA
- Experience advising on product development
- Familiarity with technology and IP transactions, licensing and commercial agreements
- An interest or experience with Trust & Safety/Law Enforcement/Content Policy matters (current or past experience not required but preferred)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- JD and State Bar membership (in good standing)
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Advising on the implementation and enforcement of the company’s global data privacy, security, objectionable content, and legal/regulatory policies and protections
- Working closely with relevant business units on the legal aspects of product development, marketing programs, strategic partnerships and technology initiatives
- Partnering closely with the trust and safety team on responding to litigation, subpoenas, court orders, government relations, IP and other compliance matters
- Opportunity, if desired, to assist in managing the company’s IP portfolio and advising on the company’s IP strategies, including open-source governance
This is rare opportunity for an exceptional lawyer who is excited about changing the world through technology. The role offers tremendous responsibility and diversity working with world-class attorneys and executives. If you want amazing work, the ability to make an impact and the opportunity to solve critical company issues, this role is for you. Compensation and benefits are excellent.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.