Our client, one of the most highly regarded technology companies in the world, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist its executives in hiring an exceptional product attorney. This attorney will serve as Senior Product Counsel supporting the company’s digital marketing products. S/he will provide the product and engineering teams with legal support for product development, go-to-market issues, and privacy and data protection issues, from development through launch and distribution. This attorney will also play an important role in shaping policies and processes to help the legal department scale as the company continues to grow, and in driving compliance initiatives for product development, privacy, and data protection. This position can be based in Indianapolis or Chicago.
The successful candidate will have at least eight years of legal experience with product counseling, negotiating and drafting of technology agreements, privacy and data protection practices (including GDPR), a solid understanding of IP issues, and familiarity with marketing or advertising technology.
• Providing guidance to product management teams for new and existing services, products, and features throughout the entire product lifecycle.
• Being a resident expert and resource on issues related to privacy and data protection as it relates to the company’s platform, products, and services.
• Reviewing and negotiating agreements with service providers and technology partners.
• Assisting with acquisition and integration of products, content, services, and technologies, including due diligence and integration related to mergers and acquisitions.
• Building cross-functional relationships with business teams as well as other members of the Legal Team to help drive efficient practices and consistency with internal policies and processes.
Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills are essential to align with our client’s culture. The successful candidate will be a highly responsive attorney with a service-oriented attitude, a team player able to prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding environment, and a person who understands the importance of collaboration and good humor, and who enjoys building strong relationships with internal clients. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join one of the most highly sought after and cutting-edge companies in the world.
Solutus legal has been exclusively engaged on this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.