Our client, a high-profile, consumer-facing, global technology company has exclusively engaged Solutus Legal to assist in their search for a Senior Product and Privacy Counsel. This attorney will oversee the legal department’s global privacy, product development, and regulatory efforts.
The ideal candidate will possess 7 – 10+ years of legal experience and will collaborate with product management, data, design and engineering teams to develop new products and solutions. The Company is thriving. This is a great opportunity to be part of an inspiring mission that is paying dividends in success. This role provides the right attorney with the opportunity to take on interesting work, assume a great deal of responsibility, help shape the small and growing legal department and work closely with senior leaders. The chance to make an immediate material impact is real and supported by the company executives.
This Senior Product and Privacy Counsel will:
• Lead the Company’s recently launched global data privacy program across North and South America, Europe and Australia localizing practices and addressing geo-specific
regulations such as the CCPA or Brazil’s General Data Protection Law
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of product offerings in order to advise on local and international laws and regulations dealing with consumer protection, payments, e-
commerce, IP, tax, marketing, privacy and security
• Support M&A transactions and/or financing transactions, including post-close integration efforts
• Keep the Company at the forefront of the evolving regulatory landscape by staying up to date with peer company best practices and global regulation
• Lead or assist with various compliance efforts e.g. PCI, SOX, GDPR, PSD2
• Advise and educate Company leadership and conduct trainings on certain regulations (e.g., GDPR impact to various teams)
• Participate in strategic planning and budgeting exercises for the Product and Privacy function of the legal team
Our client’s culture is second-to-none - fast-paced, innovative, team-oriented and collegial. The successful candidate will align well with these characteristics. In addition, this attorney will:
• Be a creative and practical legal counselor who can communicate information accurately and completely, while being concise and digestible for non-lawyers.
• Have the ability to offer both practical and theoretical advice demonstrating knowledge of the product and good business instincts.
• Be a critical thinker and possess the problem solving skills necessary to analyze regulatory requirements, product limitations, and the effectiveness of proposed
• Embody a collaborative team player with an ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Have the ability to prioritize and multitask; flexibility and adaptability in the workplace.
• Have experience creating and implementing compliance policies and will participate in legal team planning and budgeting.
• Show passion for the work and initiative to take on projects outside of one’s wheelhouse.
Solutus Legal has been selected as the exclusive representative on this highly desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.