Our client, an international social network and media company is seeking to two privacy attorneys to its rapidly growing legal department. The positions will be located in New York and Los Angeles (your pick!) and will report directly to the Global Head of Privacy. During Covid-19 shelter in place, remote work will be supported and relocation will be provided once migration back to an office environment is complete.
This company is high profile and growth is sky-rocketing. Enthusiasm in the organization is infectious. Compensation is excellent. For those seeking an exciting and dynamic opportunity, this is it.
The successful attorney will lead on reviewing new products, product features, and other product-related matters in the e-commerce or monetization groups to collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams on global privacy strategy and compliance. S/he will coordinate with regional counsel to perform multi-jurisdictional assessments in order to assist in compliance and design. Additional responsibilities include leading efforts to develop global standards and policies surrounding privacy and data protection practices; and updating product privacy policies, assessing third party relationships, and conducting compliance assessments as needed. This attorney will also provide support as needed to assist on other company efforts (new technology implementation, internal policies, and data security efforts).
A strong privacy background is required as well as experience working with e-commerce and/or monetization platforms and products).
- Seniority: 8-20 years of legal experience
- Experience playing a major role or leading data privacy efforts globally/regionally in a corporate organization or serving as an advising agency on data privacy issues.
- Experience analyzing products to determine their compliance with applicable data protection regulations and principles.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, rapid growth environment with constant change.
- Strong interest in technology, social network, Internet, and all things digital.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to coordinate across multiple teams/countries.
- Strong sense of problem solving and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin or European language a plus, but not required .
The company’s growth is explosive and the legal issues confronting it are cutting-edge. The legal department is led by a seasoned executive who is a top-shelf attorney and human being.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained for this wonderful assignment. Interested candidates, please submit your resume to email@example.com. All resumes submitted directly to our client will be re-routed to Solutus for evaluation.