Our client, a cutting-edge consumer finance technology company, has exclusively retained Solutus to assist in their hiring of a Senior Privacy & Product Counsel to join their growing legal team.
In this role, you will be the first attorney dedicated to privacy. You will get to work on cutting-edge legal issues in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment. This role will provide strong mentorship and allow someone to learn new things, and work on a variety of privacy and product matters with a collaborative team in a fast-paced and fun environment. This role can be done remotely with structured monthly visits of 2-3 days at Bay Area or Columbus, Ohio HQs
The successful candidate will have 6+ years of experience with privacy and/or product. Experience involving financial services and/or businesses in a heavily regulated environment is a big plus, preferably handling issues in the consumer lending space such as artificial intelligence/machine learning, deep learning, digital advertising, data modeling, and consumer reporting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing prompt, proactive, practical legal advice cross functionally on the application of state and federal privacy and data protection laws and regulations governing credit or other products offered via Upstart’s platform, including developing legal analyses and requirements documents for new products and features.
- Driving company-wide consumer privacy initiatives and privacy assessments; advise on cybersecurity incident responses and related legal requirements.
- Anticipating and identifying legal and regulatory risks related to data security, data governance, and consumer privacy, and propose creative and effective solutions to address those risks.
- Remaining up to date on consumer financial services and privacy laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound regulatory advice about regulatory changes and product development.
- Engaging directly with clients’ legal and compliance teams regarding its products, features, functionality, configurations, and integrations.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated and creative attorney who is excited by challenges, to take on interesting work and learn new skills with an innovative highly sought-after, leading fintech company. Compensation is competitive and includes equity.
Interested candidates may contact us at solutuslegal.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.