Our client, a well-funded and rapidly growing technology start-up, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal in its search for a Senior Privacy Counsel/Privacy Officer to join the company’s quickly-growing legal team. This attorney will report to the General Counsel, and will work closely with the company’s product and engineering teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the head of data privacy and as the company’s Data Protection Officer.
- Ensuring the company is compliant with US and international privacy laws and regulations, including the CCPA and GDPR.
- Advising and supporting the product and engineering teams with respect to privacy issues.
- Developing and maintaining a set of internal policies, programs and resources with respect to privacy.
- Remaining knowledgeable about and keeping the business apprised of relevant industry laws and regulations.
- Reviewing and managing data subject requests.
- Reviewing, drafting and commenting on data protection agreements.
- A JD from an accredited university and admission to practice law in one or more state’s bar.
- A minimum of 7 years of privacy experience, preferably at or representing successful, high-growth, venture-backed companies.
- In-house experience is preferred.
Benefits & Perks are robust, and include:
- Health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. They are committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Their core values include Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. They believe in embracing “self” and that the company’s true strength lies in the diversity of its employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.