Our client, a late-stage private company that is a leader in cloud infrastructure automation, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in its search for a Senior Licensing Counsel - EMEA. This person will report to the Associate General Counsel, Commercial and will advise the company’s sales and business teams in EMEA, with an emphasis on drafting, negotiating, and advising on licenses, as well as compliance with local laws, including data privacy and IP laws. This is a fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, and this is a remote working opportunity for someone based in Europe.
Requirements / Skills:
- At least 5 to 9 years of post-qualification experience (PQE)
- Experience working in a technology/software company
- Knowledge of subscription technology industry
- Experience with open source software preferred
- Experience negotiating, drafting, and advising on complex legal agreements (e.g., enterprise licenses, NDAs, privacy agreements)
- Experience advising on IP and data privacy issues, especially within the context of licensing agreements
- Experience advising and collaborating with sales, sales management, and executive teams
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with internal clients
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing and challenging environment
- Practical and creative problem-solving approach that emphasizes addressing business needs while protecting the company’s interests
- Fluent or professionally proficient in English and at least one other language (German, French, or Dutch)
Our client is looking for a motivated lawyer with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team focus for this exceptional opportunity. The company embraces diversity and equal opportunity, and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and believes an inclusive culture makes a better company. Compensation is competitive and includes equity.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.