Our client, a cutting-edge, newly public technology company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for an experienced, legal operations professional to serve as Senior Legal Operations Manager. The ideal candidate is excited about identifying, developing, implementing, and continuously improving new scalable processes and workflows across the entire Legal Team and for the Company’s business partners to allow the Company to grow and scale. This position will report to the Principal Legal Operations Manager and can be based in any of the Company’s U.S. offices or remotely.
- Assist in development and implementation of a multi-year process improvement and technology roadmap for the Legal Team, partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure those priorities become reality
- Work collaboratively with Legal Team members to identify areas of improvement for legal workflows and processes, and propose and implement solutions
- Manage vendor relationships with the Company’s legal technology services providers, including e-billing, contract management ediscovery, document collection and hold management, legal entity support, and more
- Stay abreast of latest legal technology developments and assess capabilities of solutions relevant to areas such as contract management, content management, IP management, policy management, business process management, e-signature, board management, e-discovery, compliance management, and subsidiary management
- Develop, implement and iterate on appropriate metrics and benchmarking through data analytics to measure the Legal Team’s performance and efficiency
- Help Legal leadership develop personnel management processes, such as attorney onboarding, training and staffing processes to realize organizational efficiencies
- Assist other Legal team members with internal process guidelines and workflows as requested or as opportunities for improvement arise
- Work closely with the Company’s commercial transactions team to continuously improve internal and external commercial contracting processes
- Lead or support additional projects as needed, potentially including the ongoing ownership of longer term programs
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 6 years of relevant legal operations experience (can be a combination of corporate paralegal experience in a major law firm and an in-house legal department experience); experience with growth stage companies and complex project management helpful
- Notary Public commission a plus
- Significant experience in technology change management, project management, business process management, and system implementation
- Proficiency in the use and implementation of e-billing, vendor contract management software, knowledge management, and electronic signature tools; experience with Ironclad is a plus
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to solving problems and developing creative processes
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a growing legal team and cross-functionally with members at all levels of the organization, including executives, board members and investors
- A team player with low ego who can effectively work with and manage other legal professionals
The Company celebrates its employees’ diverse backgrounds. They believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at the Company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.