Our client, a fast growing software startup with high-profile, global clients, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the executives in their search for a Senior Counsel.
This attorney will report to the Senior Director of Legal (who is leading the department). S/he will partner with the commercial legal function team, work with the senior leadership team, deal desk and other functions to support all of the Company’s commercial transactions. This attorney will also collaborate with several verticals including sales operations, finance, sales executives, information security and procurement to build scalable processes.
Duties also include negotiating commercial agreements including enterprise SaaS customer agreements, SOW’s, DPA’s, technology partnerships, reseller agreements and procurement agreements. As part of the responsibilities, the successful attorney will create and refine standard form agreements, playbooks and legal processes that mitigate risks while enabling deal velocity and scale. S/he will also manage regulatory risk relating to data privacy and data security.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- 7 to 10 years of legal experience with a solid background in commercial software/SaaS.
- Legal experience drafting and negotiating: enterprise SaaS customer agreements, SOW’s, DPA’s, technology partnerships, reseller agreements and procurement agreements.
- Business acumen with the ability to effectively drive business forward with a thoughtful and practical approach.
- Demonstrated capability to work efficiently, learn quickly, prioritize and meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and adjust to frequent change.
- Excellent communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with executive, colleagues, customers, partners and external advisors.
- A passion for technology and a practical approach to problem-solving with the ability to effectively counsel internal clients with clear, concise and constructive advice to meet business needs.
- The desire and willingness to roll-up-your-sleeves and work with all levels of the organization.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity
- JD degree from an accredited law school and active bar membership.
Experience in the following areas is a plus, but not required:
- Data privacy and data security regulation and practice, particularly as applied to a SaaS business in the marketing tech/ad tech space.
- CIPP certification.
- Experience working with Open Source licensing models applied to enterprise customers
- International experience.
- Supported a business(es) through a period of significant year over year growth.
- Establishing commercial infrastructure, processes, compliance and efficiency programs.
- Employment law experience.
This is a unique opportunity to join a thriving software company and have significant impact in the company’s continued growth and success. Culture is terrific and the executive to whom this attorney will report is awesome. Compensation is competitive.
Our client is committed to creating a diverse workforce and encourages candidates representing diversity to apply for consideration.