Our client, a successful, publicly-traded, global medical device company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal to assist in hiring a Senior Global Counsel for its growing legal team to help oversee all legal functions for the company’s teams and operations outside the United States. Our client is a pioneer in developing and commercializing new technology to treat atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, including coronary artery disease.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the company’s global legal strategy and managing a diverse array of legal matters. The person in this high-visibility role will act as a strategic partner to executives and will report to the Associate General Counsel (resident in the company’s U.S. headquarters).
Key responsibilities include:
- Support for sales teams, including assistance with contracting needs and public and private tenders.
- Drafting, negotiating, closing, and managing commercial contracts relating to distributors, suppliers, logistics providers, consultants, and similar matters.
- Providing legal support on a broad range of legal issues, including HR and employment, marketing, engagement with healthcare professionals, and general corporate matters, including subsidiary management.
- Support the Compliance members of the Legal team by acting as a local resource for applicable and compliance issues in multiple jurisdictions.
- Support the Regulatory Affairs function by providing local, legal support for applicable regulatory issues in multiple jurisdictions.
Preferred requirements include:
- At least seven years of strong international legal experience working for a U.S. multinational.
- Experience working with the rules and regulations of multiple jurisdictions – in particular, the UK and EU legal systems.
- Fluent English and ability to operate at a high level in French and German is ideal, but will consider candidates who are fluent in English and professionally proficient in French or German.
As the company is growing rapidly, the successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working collaboratively. The successful candidate will have excellent judgment and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information, strong leadership, negotiating, decision-making and problem-solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. They will be a strategic thinker with the ability to execute and solve problems and must be comfortable working independently with minimum supervision.
This is a fantastic opportunity to assume a great deal of responsibility and be part of a world-class legal team with the mission of transforming the lives of patients throughout the world.
Compensation is competitive.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.
 We use “they” to encompass he / she / they.