Our client, a rapidly-growing private digital health company, has retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the executives in their search to add an experienced employment counsel to the team. This attorney will report directly to the General Counsel and will work on a broad range of employment law matters and serve as an advisor to HR, Recruiting, executives and employees. The company is growing and this is an exciting time to join. The company is headquartered in San Francisco.
The successful candidate for this role will have at least 6 years of employment law experience, including both employment counseling and employment litigation. Prior in-house experience is strongly preferred. Strong written and communication skills are a must. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work collaboratively in a cross-department, cross-functional role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advising the company’s HR team, managers, senior leadership and other stakeholders on compliance with employment laws and regulations, supporting hiring initiatives and providing advice on ad hoc questions as they arise.
- Developing, improving, and implementing forms, policies, plans, and practices.
- Staying on top of employment-related legal developments and engaging proactively to drive compliance, conduct trainings, and implement other risk-mitigating strategies.
- Reviewing and drafting contracts and various employment documentation.
- Managing the company’s representation in employment-related litigation, claims and investigations, and managing outside counsel involved in that work.
Our client’s culture is focused on trust, effective communication and a willingness to learn. The company is looking for an individual with strong ethics, empathetic communication style and solid analytical skills, who is detail oriented and creative. Compensation is competitive and includes equity.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com for consideration.