Our client, one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, has retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for a Senior Counsel – Strategic Transactions. This attorney will be a part of the legal team that supports the Business Development group. The company is regularly recognized as a “Best Place to Work”, and has also been recognized for its diversity and sustainability efforts and corporate responsibility.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 7+ years of experience as a practicing attorney at a top tier law firm or combined law firm and in-house experience.
- Experience drafting and negotiating life sciences transactions including mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, collaborations, in-licenses and out-licenses involving biotech and pharmaceutical products and technology.
- J.D. degree or LL.M. from an ABA accredited law school.
- Admission to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction.
- Draft and negotiate complex licensing agreements and collaboration agreements.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts related to life sciences industry transactions, including simple license agreements, research agreements, development and supply agreements.
- Draft and negotiate stock purchase agreements, investor rights agreements and other agreements related to private company investments.
- Serve as in-house lead on M&A transactions.
- Work with Business Development and other cross functional groups to conduct and coordinate due diligence efforts related to various transactions.
- Advise internal client groups regarding contract interpretation, dispute resolution, IP ownership, product registration, legal issues related to the development, marketing and distribution of pharmaceutical products and other legal matters as they arise.
The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, be a self-starter and be able to manage and prioritize a high volume of work. This attorney will be responsive, collaborative, team-oriented and pragmatic. Compensation and benefits are competitive.
Interested candidates may submit resumes to email@example.com.