Our client, a successful technology company, seeks to hire a strategic Senior Counsel - China to oversee all legal functions in its Shanghai office.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for aligning local legal initiatives to global legal strategy at the company and be responsible for a diverse array of legal matters, including but not limited to negotiating, drafting, reviewing, and advising on commercial transactions, advising on general corporate matters, and overseeing litigation, and employment matters. The person in this high-visibility role will act as a strategic partner to executives and will report directly to the General Counsel (resident in the company’s U.S. Headquarters). He/she will also manage a small local team.
The ideal candidate must have strong Mandarin and English language skills. She/he will have 10+ years of legal experience practicing law in China for large U.S.-based or China multinational operations. Some U.S. education and/or training is preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
· Draft, negotiate and close commercial contracts relating to logistics, supply and similar matters
· Manage all China product compliance matters, including privacy, advertising, marketing and similar legal issues
· Coordinate with the US legal team to manage the updating of terms of service and privacy policies
· Educate teams about regulatory issues
· Design and build processes to facilitate legal support of the company’s operational teams
· Handle and respond to legal requests relating to compliance matters
The successful candidate will have excellent judgment and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information, strong leadership, negotiating, decision-making and problem-solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. S/he will be a strategic thinker with the ability to execute and solve problems and must be comfortable working independently with minimum supervision.
This is a fantastic opportunity to assume a great deal of responsibility and be part of a world-class legal team.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained on this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.