Our client, a cutting-edge, late-stage technology company, is seeking a Senior Counsel to join its legal team. This attorney will report directly to the General Counsel. S/he will work with a collaborative and sophisticated team and will support the company’s Go-To-Market team organization by negotiating agreements and related documentation. This role will have management opportunity and will work closely with stakeholders across the company. This is a remote position, and the Senior Counsel can reside anywhere in the U.S. with travel to the Company’s NY or MD offices on a regular, mutually agreed schedule, e.g., once per quarter.
- Lead the Go-to-Market deal flow, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating data licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data protection agreements, professional services agreements, NDAs, and strategic partnership agreements.
- Manage legal services and risk management for the Go-to-Market team.
- Build policies, playbooks, and workflows. Draft language for new agreements, new products, and new initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally and drive strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Help maintain legal operations and associated technology stack.
- Stay up-to-date and keep key business partners informed about changes to existing policies, laws, and regulations - particularly with respect to digital privacy. Will work collaboratively on privacy matters with another senior legal team member responsible for privacy.
- Opportunity to manage other legal projects across the business as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years of legal experience in a growing technology, SaaS, digital media, or advertising technology company, or at a law firm serving clients in such industries.
- Experience drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements, strategic partnerships, data licensing and distribution agreements with minimal oversight and experience working with quarterly sales cycles.
- Working knowledge of privacy and data protection and ongoing developments.
- Team oriented, with strong interpersonal skills, practical, sound judgment and low ego.
- Ability to digest and distill complex technical concepts.
- Committed to using technology to improve Legal team operations.
- Willingness to work modified hours to support international teams.
- JD from an accredited law school and member in good standing with the state bar of residence.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a collegial team at a successful company. Our client offers competitive compensation, including equity.
Solutus Legal has been retained as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.