Our client, an international social network and media company is seeking to a privacy attorney to add to its rapidly growing legal department. The positions will be located in SF Bay Area, Seattle, New York or Los Angeles (your pick!). During Covid-19 shelter in place, remote work will be supported, and relocation will be provided (if necessary) once migration back to an office environment is complete.
This company is high profile and growth is skyrocketing. Enthusiasm in the organization is infectious. Compensation is excellent. For those seeking an exciting and dynamic opportunity, this is it. A strong privacy and compliance background is required.
- Lead on reviewing new products, product features, and other product-related matters to ensure compliance with data protection laws.
- Coordinate with regional counsel to perform multi-jurisdictional assessments in order to assist in compliance and design.
- Lead efforts to develop global standards and policies surrounding privacy and data protection practices.
- Update product privacy policies, assess third party relationships, and conduct compliance assessments as needed.
- Provide support as needed to assist on other company efforts (new technology implementation, internal policies, and data security efforts).
- 7+ years’ legal experience.
- Experience should include leading data privacy efforts globally/regionally for a major multinational corporation or advising agency on data privacy issues.
- Experience, and more importantly personal interest, in technology, social network, internet, and all things digital is ideal.
- Experience with analyzing products to determine their compliance with applicable data protection regulations and principles.
- Detail oriented that can coordinate across multiple teams/countries.
- Strong sense of problem solving and proactive work ethic.
- Determination to face tough challenges in a fast-paced environment while keeping a sense of humor.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Mandarin a plus.
The company’s growth is explosive and the legal issues confronting it are cutting-edge. The legal department is led by a seasoned executive who is a top-shelf attorney and human being.
Solutus Legal has been retained for this wonderful assignment. Interested candidates, please submit your resume directly to email@example.com for consideration.