Our client, an emerging growth telehealth company seeks to hire a corporate, securities, and governance attorney to join its small, but growing legal team. This attorney will report directly to the General Counsel and will work on a broad range of general corporate and U.S. securities law matters.
The ideal candidate for this role will have at least 5 years of experience with deep expertise drafting and reviewing securities filings, including ’34 Act filings, and advising on corporate and governance matters. A mix of law firm and in-house experience is preferred, but our client will consider candidates currently at top law firms. This is a unique opportunity for the successful corporate and securities attorney to take on a wide variety of legal responsibilities within this small and nimble legal team. This role will interface regularly with the company’s board of directors, CEO, CFO, CLO, and other members of the executive leadership team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Leading all legal work related to the company’s global securities matters including preparing and reviewing SEC filings;
- Developing and revising policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SEC and other securities-related regulatory requirements;
- Advising on corporate governance and executive compensation and developing and maintaining related policies and procedures;
- Supporting the corporate secretarial function, including preparing materials for board of directors’ meetings and annual shareholder meetings;
- Taking on new projects as needed and as interested.
Our client’s culture is mission-driven, respectful, and no-ego. Legal is a highly valued partner in the business. Our client seeks a go-getter with the ability to quickly build rapport with business teams. The successful candidate will have the experience to work independently and the gravitas to present to the board of directors and company executives. The company is extremely collaborative. Positive collegial working relationships are highly valued.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.