Our client, one of the fastest growing unicorn technology companies in the San Francisco Bay Area has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the executives in their search for a Senior Counsel/AGC with a general corporate transactions background. Title/Level will be tethered to the number of years of relevant experience.
This attorney will report directly to the General Counsel and will serve in a leading corporate role in the organization. S/he will lead the company’s corporate transactions, equity programs, international subsidiary management, and employment law work. Business acumen is key – as this is a strategic role that will grow with the business, and advise on critical and broad-based areas of risk and opportunity. You’ll deep dive into the company’s product and business model and bring this deep company knowledge into your work advising internal and external clients on items big and small.
The ideal candidate will possess at least 6-12 years of general corporate and corporate governance experience with strong knowledge of late stage company corporate issues including corporate equity. Experience working on complex securities law, corporate finance, corporate subsidiary, and capital markets is a plus. In house experience is preferred, but our client will consider high quality law firm candidates.
- Managing global equity programs, leading corporate transactions, securities law compliance and global subsidiary management, and ensuring corporate governance processes and policies
- Managing employment issues and partnering with People Operations team on templates, processes, and policies
- Working closely with Finance & Accounting teams on domestic and international tax matters as it relates to corporate governance, intercompany, and international subsidiary matters
- Creating and updating global expansion playbooks from a corporate governance perspective, to help drive alignment across the company on global expansion risks and opportunities
- Working collaboratively with and appropriately managing outside counsel, both domestic and international, on one-off and recurring legal projects and matters
- Other special projects given your interest areas and the needs of a rapidly scaling company & team
Our client is seeking a process and detail-oriented corporate lawyer looking to be a leader, educator and builder as the company scales to the next stages of corporate growth. S/he will have excellent judgment and integrity, a high attention to detail, will be comfortable with fast-paced environments and openness to change – and possess the self-confidence to work closely with and counsel top executives.
This is a spectacular opportunity to join a small and scaling legal department in a company that is experiencing exponential success. The role offers leadership, responsibilities and high visibility among the executives and the Board. The General Counsel is amazing: intelligent, business savvy, supportive and possesses a deep commitment to diversity.
Compensation is market competitive and includes and strong equity component.
Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively retained for this highly sought after search engagement. Interested candidates please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who apply directly to our Client will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.