Our client, a leading multinational consumer and professional products company that markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names in the world, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in its search for an outstanding attorney to join its legal team in the area of Strategic Contracts and Legal Operations. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel & Head of Legal Operations, this role has primary responsibility for drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of strategic commercial contracts, primarily marketing, sales, e-commerce, and strategic sourcing agreements.
This is a highly collaborative, innovative and inclusive legal team that delivers world-class legal services to the company and to business partners. Together, they guide and protect the company and enhance its reputation. The company has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the U.S. by Glassdoor, and has also been recognized for its diversity, sustainability efforts and corporate responsibility. The Company’s headquarters are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, but they are open to a candidate located anywhere in the U.S. who is interested in a remote working opportunity.
- Commercial Contracts:
- Draft, negotiate and advise on a wide range of commercial contracts, including marketing (agency services, joint promotion, sponsorship, influencer), ecommerce, sales, distribution, strategic procurement agreements (contract manufacturing, raw material and consulting/services), as well as other strategic agreements from time to time, which may include international, alliance agreements, IT agreements and others.
- Role may include serving on the Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) leadership team, providing counsel to the company's GSS organization.
- Lead certain Legal Operations initiatives, including optimizing the company’s end-to-end contracting processes, including driving continuous improvements, creating and updating templates and self-service resources, including playbooks, trainings and knowledge management resources.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Assist in other substantive legal areas and work with members of Legal leadership, attorneys and staff on departmental matters as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years as a practicing attorney with experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and advising on general commercial matters, including experience at a top tier law firm. In house experience preferred.
- Experience interacting and influencing at a senior level with business management.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, diversity and pro-bono service and/or community involvement.
- JD degree and bachelors degree; top tier undergraduate and law schools
- Member of the California State Bar (RIHC is acceptable) or another state’s bar.
Skills and Abilities:
- Deep expertise in contract drafting, negotiating and advising on contract risks and mitigations, particularly in the areas of marketing, e-commerce, sales, distribution, and procurement, with the ability to effectively interact with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong ability to quickly and efficiently adapt templates for novel business arrangements
- Broad range of relevant legal experience, including the ability to identify issues, apply a business mindset, prioritize and resolve critical legal issues in real time.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to drive, lead, influence, provide points of view and listen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent execution and organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong technology skills.
- Team player with ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization and interact with and command respect from company employees.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency, ability to prioritize matters and to handle unanticipated situations effectively and work well under pressure with tight deadlines to ensure timely and appropriate response to issues raised.
- Unquestioned personal integrity; seen as a role model for ethical principles and values of the company and practices required by law.
- Excellent judgment and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Firmness and courage to confront issues at every level.
- Ability to identify and use the most efficient and effective legal resources to complete the work in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Some limited travel may be required.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.