Our client, a leading multinational consumer and professional products company that markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names in the world, is seeking to add an experienced and sophisticated IP attorney to its team. The ideal candidate will have at least 10+ years of intellectual property experience including IP strategy and transactional IP agreements, M&A due diligence, patent and patent licensing. The role is based at the Company’s headquarters in the East Bay and this attorney will report directly to the VP, Associate General Counsel & Chief IP Counsel. This position will work closely with the company's different business units and with personnel in other key executive functions. The company has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the U.S by Glassdoor, and has also been recognized for its diversity, sustainability efforts and corporate responsibility.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Advising on complex IP matters in transactions and licensing, complex commercial agreements, complex corporate partnership agreements, joint ventures and M&A including advising on IP strategy with respect to such transactions
- Providing transactional IP support to multiple business units within the organization
- Drafting and negotiating agreements including strategic corporate partnership, joint development, technical services agreements, patent and other licensing
- Providing IP due diligence support in M&A matters
- Providing IP counseling and strategy in areas such as IP transactions and trade secrets
- At least 10+ years of IP experience
- A JD from a reputable law school and licensed to practice in at least one state are required
- Detailed knowledge and hands-on experience in IP strategy, patent, patent licensing
- Experience in due diligence activities, joint development/license/agreement drafting and negotiation is required
- Experience in a consumer goods or B2C company is a strong plus
- Strategic, creative, practical and open-minded thinker with excellent business judgment with a focus on business outcomes
- Strong leadership, management, interpersonal and people skills. Experience managing a team is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a high performance environment
- Ability to prioritize effectively and execute quickly
- Excellent smart risk counseling, problem solving and organizational skills
- Self-starter with good judgment and the ability to multi-task
The successful candidate will be intellectually curious with a keen interest in and understanding of the intersection of business and IP. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an A+ legal team at one of the most highly recognized and reputable companies in the world.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.