Our client, a leading multinational consumer and professional products company that markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names in the world, is seeking to add a sophisticated IP attorney to its growing legal team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of intellectual property experience including patent, patent licensing, IP strategy and transactional IP agreements. The role is based at the Company's headquarters in the East Bay and this attorney will report directly to the VP, Associate General Counsel & Chief IP Counsel.
This position will work closely with the company's different business units and with personnel in other key functions. The company has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the U.S by Glassdoor, and has also been recognized for its diversity, sustainability efforts and corporate responsibility.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Advising on complex IP matters in transactions and licensing, joint ventures and M&A
- Providing transactional IP support to multiple business units within the organization
- Drafting and negotiating agreements including strategic partnership, joint development,
technical services agreements, patent and other licensing
- Providing IP due diligence support in M&A matters
- Providing IP counseling and strategy in areas such as IP transactions and trade secrets
- At least 5 years of legal experience
- A JD from a reputable law school and admission to practice before the USPTO and licensed to practice in at least one state are required
- Detailed knowledge and hands-on experience in patent, patent licensing and IP strategy
- Experience in due diligence activities, joint development/license/agreement drafting and negotiation is required
- Experience in a consumer goods or B2C company is a strong plus
- Strategic, creative, practical and open-minded thinker with excellent business judgment with a focus on business outcomes
- Strong leadership, management, interpersonal and people skills
- Ability to thrive in a high performance environment
- Ability to prioritize effectively and execute quickly
- Excellent smart risk counseling, problem solving and organizational skills
- Self-starter with good judgment and the ability to multi-task
The successful candidate will be intellectually curious with a keen interest in and understanding of the intersection of business and IP. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an A+ legal team at one of the most highly recognized and reputable companies in the world.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.