Our client, a leading multinational consumer and professional products company that markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names in the world, is seeking to add an experienced and sophisticated IP transactions attorney to its team.
The ideal candidate will have at least 8+ years of legal experience, including drafting and negotiating IP related agreements such as partnership agreements, technical services agreements, joint development agreements, patent licenses and NDAs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Drafting and negotiating IP transactions including partnership agreements, technical services agreements, joint development agreements, patent licenses and NDAs.
- Providing transactional IP support to multiple business units within the organization.
- Additional responsibilities may include, depending on experience, providing IP due diligence support in M&A matters, providing IP counseling and strategy support.
- At least 8+ years of IP transactions experience or patent experience with a focus on IP transactions
- A JD from a reputable law school and licensed to practice in at least one state are required
- Detailed knowledge and hands-on experience in drafting and negotiating IP agreements
- Experience in a consumer goods or B2C company is a strong plus
- Strategic, creative, practical and open-minded thinker with excellent business judgment with a focus on business outcomes
- Strong leadership, management, interpersonal and people skills. Experience managing a team is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a high performance environment
- Ability to prioritize effectively and execute quickly
- Excellent smart risk counseling, problem solving and organizational skills
- Self-starter with good judgment and the ability to multi-task
The role is based at the Company’s headquarters in the East Bay and this attorney will report directly to the VP, Associate General Counsel & Chief IP Counsel. This position will work closely with the company's different business units and with personnel in other key executive functions. The company has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the U.S by Glassdoor, and has also been recognized for its diversity, sustainability efforts and corporate responsibility. The successful candidate will be intellectually curious with a keen interest in and understanding of the intersection of business and IP. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an A+ legal team at one of the most highly recognized and reputable companies in the world.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for consideration.