Our client, a leading multinational consumer and professional products company that markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names in the world, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for a Senior Corporate Counsel who will play a lead role in the Company’s compliance with antitrust laws and regulations.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, this attorney will manage investigations and inquiries related to antitrust matters and help develop the company’s legal position and strategy on competition matters throughout the world. S/he also will manage a variety of commercial litigation matters (including antitrust class actions and other complex commercial litigation), arbitrations, pre-litigation dispute resolution, and regulatory investigations. This attorney will serve on an internal leadership team and will develop and conduct competition law training for business groups across the company. The position will require selection and management of external litigation and competition law counsel.
The ideal candidate will have at least six years of experience as a practicing attorney in the areas of competition law, commercial litigation, regulatory and internal investigations, and will have experience litigating matters through phases of a case cycle, including pleadings, motions, discovery, pre-trial, trial, appellate and mediation/settlement. Excellent academic credentials and experience at a top-tier law firm is highly preferred. Demonstrated success at providing strategic counseling to business partners, including senior level business leaders, that takes into account legal considerations along with business goals is essential.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Represent the Company in competition law inquiries from regulators, and manage and oversee antitrust litigation.
• Develop and implement competition law and related policies and strategies, including in areas such as minimum advertised pricing, trade fund investments, and authorized reseller policies.
• Advise and counsel business teams across the Company on antitrust issues.
• Track and advise on pending and developing competition regulation and developments.
• Support a variety of commercial litigation matters, including in such areas as contracts, false advertising, intellectual property, product defect, and personal injury.
• Responsible for preparation of discovery, review of pleadings, and formulation of case strategy.
• Provide direction and oversight on electronic discovery collection and legal holds.
• Responsible for assisting with the preparation of witnesses for deposition and/or trial.
• Review and advise on pre-litigation claims and potential disputes, as well as provide direction to business partners on accomplishing the business objectives while managing legal risk.
• Work with members of Legal leadership, other attorneys and staff on other matters as needed.
• Efficiently manage outside counsel.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and the ability to influence, provide points of view, and to listen. S/he will be a self-starter and work with a sense of urgency, ability to multi-task, ability to handle unanticipated situations effectively. This attorney will work well under pressure with tight deadlines to ensure timely and appropriate response to issues raised.
The role is based at the Company’s headquarters with the flexibility to work remotely 1 to 2 days a week. Our client has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the U.S. by Glassdoor, and has also been recognized for its diversity, sustainability efforts and corporate responsibility. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great legal team at one of the most highly recognized and reputable companies in the world.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively engaged on this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.