Our client, a company that offers a private search engine, mobile web browser, and desktop web browser extensions that block trackers and secure connections, and which is actively developing new products to further its vision for simple and easy Internet privacy, has exclusively retained Solutus to assist the executives in their hiring of a corporate attorney for their in-house legal team. This attorney will report directly to the General Counsel & Vice President of Public Policy. Our client employs a global distributed workforce model, so this attorney will work from home exclusively. Title will depend on level of directly relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will have at least eight years of legal experience in a broad range of substantive areas including general corporate, employment, technology licensing, insurance, advertising, and online privacy. In-house experience is required. Pennsylvania bar membership is required or the ability to waive in from another state or obtain in-house counsel admission.
- Supporting contracting and commercial matters, from vendor selection (including GDPR compliance) through contract execution, drafting template agreements, managing existing contracts, and advising on best practices, standards, and model clauses in transactional law.
- Working closely with Human Resources and managing a broad array of domestic and international employment issues.
- Developing internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with international, federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Serve as principal legal advisor on relevant business operations.
- Review marketing materials for technology products used by consumers for compliance with advertising law.
- Analyze legal issues through risk assessment, risk management, and pragmatic decision-making lenses, rather than simply identifying areas of potential legal risk.
- Proposing and leading high-complexity projects, turning vague problems into tightly-scoped high-impact projects and executing them against a set of success criteria.
Alignment with core values of our client is essential. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, innovative, rapidly changing environment, getting up to speed on new areas of law quickly and effectively, and comfortable in a startup business environment. S/he will share a passion for consumer-facing technology products with a privacy focus and appreciate the company’s core operating values (build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction). This attorney will have excellent written communication skills and the ability to distill complex legal jargon to easy-to-understand issues and solutions.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.