Our client, a hospitality unicorn and one of the fastest growing late-stage startup companies in the world, has retained Solutus Legal to assist the company with its search for an experienced compliance attorney. The ideal candidate will possess at least 7 years of diverse compliance experience at a top law firm and in-house legal department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of compliance matters including corporate, regulatory, HR, IP, and insurance.
• A JD with a State Bar membership (top academic credentials required)
• 7+ years of compliance and corporate governance experience
• In-house experience is required
• Diverse compliance experience including corporate governance, regulatory compliance, HR compliance (I-9, fair pay, exemptions), intellectual property, and insurance
• Experience implementing and monitoring a U.S. compliance program in a publicly traded company or fast growing private technology company
• Ability and desire to roll up your and go beyond the traditional boundaries of the role
• Entrepreneurial mindset: flexible, self-starting, hard-working and a problem solver
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and effectively multitask
• Adaptable to change
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of compliance programs in the U.S. This attorney will work closely with legal, finance, HR, business teams, managers and other leaders throughout the organization to embed the compliance culture and practices in daily operations and activities within the region. Other duties include the following:
• Communicating with and training employees on new policies and procedures as they relate to the organization’s compliance programs, and
• Performing periodic risk assessments on regulatory and legal matters and making compliance recommendations to executives
The Senior Compliance Counsel must be a hard worker, responsive, proactive, team player, critical thinker, intellectually curious and a creative problem solver. This attorney must be able to thrive in a high performance culture and high growth environment, prioritize and manage several projects at once and have passion for innovation.
This company is a rocket ship. Its visionary founder and superb management team possess a keen eye for disruption. They are moving swiftly to affect change and expand the organization. Heavyweight investors (SoftBank, Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners to name a few) have bet on company leaders to create one of the most successful hospitality companies in the world.
Our client has retained Solutus for this coveted search. Interested candidates are required to submit their resumes directly to Solutus for consideration at email@example.com.