(San Francisco Bay Area; New York City; Research Triangle Park, NC; or Remote)
Our client, a multi-billion dollar corporate technology leader and highly sought-after place to work has exclusively engaged Solutus to assist the company in its desire to add a Senior Commercial Counsel to its world-class legal department. This attorney will be accomplished in commercial contracting, with a strong background in structuring, drafting, and negotiating the myriad of XaaS (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) agreements, as well as software, hardware, and services agreements, with customers, resellers, and partners. In addition, this attorney will be experienced in providing commercial legal advice about the variety of issues that touch our client’s business, such as cloud technology, information security, data privacy, antitrust and general contracting law.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as lead negotiator for complex transactions; negotiating, and drafting a wide range of contracts and subcontracts with our client’s strategic, enterprise and commercial customers and channel sales partners, including hyperscaler cloud service providers (e.g., Amazon, Google, Microsoft), SaaS, PaaS and IaaS agreements, on premises hardware and software agreements, as well as other outbound agreements including professional services, reseller, information security and data privacy-related agreements
- Providing timely, proactive, and practical business-oriented legal support to cloud services and sales organizations as well as finance and other company departments on legal issues and risks, negotiation strategies and deal structures
- Acting as a subject matter expert and advising sales clients on XaaS and cloud issues, intellectual property, information security, data privacy and matters related to commercial contract terms
- JD and membership in good standing of at least one state bar and qualified to practice law in your state of residence
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience, with at least four (4) years of in-house experience at a technology or internet company
- Strong XaaS, software licensing and services experience, with the ability to recognize and highlight revenue recognition issues
- Expertise in the areas of cybersecurity, data privacy, information security, and intellectual property law, especially with respect to cloud technology and software.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, as well as drafting and negotiation skills
- A “Get Things Done” mindset, and ability to find and present simple, practical and actionable solutions to complex problems
- Excellent time management, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and creatively, and to develop win-win solutions
- Ability to thrive in a high performance, fast-paced environment and to multitask, prioritize effectively and execute quickly
- Ability and interest in developing a deep understanding of our client’s product and services portfolio, market segments, value propositions, routes to market, and business models
- Team-oriented, with a good sense of humor and high level of integrity, responsibility and professionalism, and the ability to collaborate with others on the legal team and cross functionally with finance, operations, support and export organizations
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging
Our client seeks a sales-oriented individual with excellent command of the law who is business savvy and capable of providing practical advice.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.