Our client, a successful and rapidly growing pre-public technology company, seeks to hire its first in-house counsel. This attorney will handle all of the company’s commercial matters, support the sales team and will provide hands-on legal counsel companywide. The position reports to the Senior Director of Operations. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in shaping an emerging company’s compliance and legal practices. It is ideal for a lawyer who is customer-oriented and excited about helping to build a lasting legacy.
The ideal candidate will have:
● 6+ years of legal experience. In house experience strongly preferred.
● Experience working with a sales team.
● Extensive experience drafting and negotiating enterprise software licensing (SaaS), and other commercial agreements with the ability to drive negotiations to conclusion.
● A confident personality but not a pit bull mentality or overly aggressive style.
● The ability to discuss complex legal issues in plain terms.
● Impeccable legal and business judgment, the ability to face new challenges and the willingness to be hands on and do what it takes to get the job done.
● Strong negotiating skills and proven ability to negotiate and close deals in a collaborative manner.
● Excellent problem-solving skills, exceptional attention to detail, and an openness to creative problem-solving.
● An appetite for hard work, a can-do attitude, and an attraction to a fast-paced environment;
The executives value dynamic personalities who will thrive in a fast-scaling and consumer-driven business, without sacrificing collegiality, civility and kindness. Our client offers competitive compensation, including equity, startup perks, and comprehensive benefits.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.