Our client, a rapidly growing, mission-driven, education technology company has exclusively retained Solutus to assist in their hiring of a Senior Commercial Counsel to join their growing legal team. In this role, you will support internal business partners and assist on a broad variety of transactional matters in a growing technology company in the education space.
The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of experience, including prior experience supporting a heavy volume of commercial transactions relevant to a technology company, and must be adaptable to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment. Familiarity with privacy (especially child and/or student privacy) and security, as well as familiarity with contracting with K-12 public schools, local governments, and/or state governments is a plus.
- Providing strategic counsel on a broad range of initiatives and agreements, including Master Services agreements, terms of service, services agreements, collaboration agreements, integration agreements, and other SaaS agreements, and requests for proposals.
- Supporting the licensing of a variety of products and services.
- Maintaining knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact the company’s agreements and business practices.
- Supporting privacy initiatives by maintaining some fluency in student and children privacy, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and various state student privacy laws.
- Helping maintain company compliance on day-to-day issues.
- Being a key leader of the legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes and procedures as the company scales.
The company’s culture is collaborative, cohesive and mission-driven. Compensation is competitive and includes excellent benefits.
This is a fantastic opportunity and Solutus Legal Search is thrilled to be working with the company on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.