Our client, a leading provider of cloud-based enterprise AI solutions, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist in adding an experienced commercial attorney to its growing team. With over $120m in capital from marquee investors, the late-stage, private Company is poised for its next compelling chapter. This chapter includes growth of its highly valued legal department.
The Senior Commercial Counsel/Director of Commercial will be a critical member of the legal team and will report directly to the General Counsel. They will work with cross-functional teams to enable the development of the Company’s commercial legal support processes, as well as provide counsel in a broad range of areas including privacy and product. This attorney will also be comfortable leading deals and interacting with internal and external executives. Company headquarters are in San Francisco, CA and the role will be in-office.
As Part of Your Responsibilities, You Will:
- Draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial, revenue-generating contracts, including master service agreements and data and technology licensing agreements
- Provide legal analyses of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance, particularly in areas of privacy/personal data and intellectual property
- Support continuous improvements of forms, policies and processes to help streamline and simplify deals and product/service terms
- Work cross functionally across the company to analyze legal risks, devise creative solutions and develop strong, trusted advisor relationships
- Assist our General Counsel in additional corporate matters, including financings and compliance.
The Ideal Candidate Profile Possesses:
- 4-6+ years of relevant legal experience, ideally gained at a well-regarded law firm followed by in-house experience (experience in the tech industry is a plus, but not required)
- Experience with commercial technology transactions (SaaS, data licensing, partnerships) with Fortune 1000 companies and globally
- Some working knowledge of data privacy and security issues
- Strong drafting skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate and negotiate with both internal and external business and legal teams
- Strong work ethic
- Interest in AI and its impact in our world
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $210,000 - $250,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.
Our client is comprised of a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. As a team member, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.