Our client is the leading provider of cloud-based enterprise AI solutions. The Company offers a portfolio of best-in-class deep learning models with a distributed workforce of more than 2 million contributors globally. With over $120m in capital from marquee investors, the Company is poised for its next compelling chapter. This chapter includes growth of its highly valued legal department.
The executives have exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search is assist in adding a Senior Commercial Counsel/Director of Commercial to its growing team. This attorney will be a critical member of the legal team and will report directly to the General Counsel. S/he will work with cross-functional teams to enable the development of the Company’s commercial legal support processes, as well as provide counsel in a broad range of areas including privacy and product. This attorney will also be comfortable leading deals and interacting with internal and external executives.
Company headquarters are in San Francisco, CA and the role will be located here with an in-office requirement.
As Part of Your Responsibilities, You Will:
- Draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial, revenue-generating contracts, including master service agreements and data and technology licensing agreements
- Provide legal analyses of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance, particularly in areas of privacy/personal data and intellectual property
- Support continuous improvements of forms, policies and processes to help streamline and simplify deals and product/service terms
- Work cross functionally across the company to analyze legal risks, devise creative solutions and develop strong, trusted advisor relationships
- Assist our General Counsel in additional corporate matters, including financings and compliance.
The Ideal Candidate Profile Possesses:
- 4-6 years of relevant legal experience, ideally gained at a well-regarded law firm followed by in-house experience (experience in the tech industry is a plus, but not required)
- Experience with commercial technology transactions (SaaS, data licensing, partnerships) with Fortune 1000 companies and globally
- Some working knowledge of data privacy and security issues
- Strong drafting skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate and negotiate with both internal and external business and legal teams
- Strong work ethic
- Interest in AI and its impact in our world
Our client is comprised of a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. As a team member, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.