Our client, one of the leading fintech companies in the world has exclusively engaged Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in hiring a high caliber, energetic attorney with experience in financial services regulation and technology to join its Product Legal team.
This attorney will primarily support our client’s product offerings and provide legal and regulatory guidance as the product team develops, implements and updates its products and services.
The successful candidate will possess at least six (6) years of in house or law firm experience with at least 2 years of those years focused on either payments law, the FinTech space, or financial services regulatory analysis. A familiarity with payments law, including federal and state consumer financial laws and regulations like Regulation E; data privacy laws; consumer protection laws; and new rules, enforcement actions and other guidance coming out of agencies such as the CFPB and the FTC is required.
This attorney will have the ability to provide legal and regulatory guidance on the design and modification of products, review product user experiences to ensure legal compliance and proper disclosures. S/he will also help document guidance for consumption by members of both the legal and product teams.
The following qualities are required:
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and to tolerate change and ambiguity.
• Ability and drive to take ownership of projects and tasks which, in many cases, will be matters of first impression.
• Comfortable with gray areas and interpreting and applying the law in unsettled contexts.
• Confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively provide sound legal advice, exercise
good business judgment, work well with other attorneys, senior management and cross functional stakeholders, and implement policies and processes.
• Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances.
• Exceptional writing skills and oral communication skills and ability to work both in teams and independently.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities.
• Juris Doctorate or equivalent degree.
• Admitted to, and in good standing with, a state bar.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of a team that is at the forefront of the development of some of our client’s most important product offerings.
Solutus has been exclusively engaged on this coveted search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.