Our client, a publicly traded technology company with skyrocketing growth and revenue has retained Solutus Legal Search on an exclusive basis to assist the company in its search for a Product Counsel to join its growing team. Reporting to a Director, Legal, the ideal candidate will possess 4+ years of legal experience including significant experience negotiating and drafting inbound software licenses and alliance, partnership, and OEM agreements.
This role will provide support across the entirety of the company, including engineering, product management and business development, to create, launch, commercialize and support the company’s leading enterprise cloud products. The company is seeking a self-starter who loves and understands technology, has a proven track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, is willing to take the initiative to identity and drive projects independently while also collaborating and managing projects across functions, and is not afraid to step outside of their comfort zone to tackle the task of the day.
- Develop and negotiate a full complement of complex technology agreements (inbound licensing, joint development agreements, datacenter/cloud platform infrastructure procurement contracts, customer-facing agreements, partner program agreements)
- Advise on open source use and help evolve and manage the open source compliance program
- Partner with engineering and product teams to proactively identify areas for improvement and help business stakeholders structure and deploy new programs
- Work with lead privacy counsel to support the product and engineering teams
- Work with the commercial legal team globally to support and facilitate negotiation of product-specific terms with customers and suppliers (procurement), including security, data privacy and compliance.
- Develop and deliver training and communications relating to product development and licensing topics
- 4+ years of legal experience in the technology sector, with a background in technology transactions (demonstrated track record of creating and negotiating inbound licenses, joint development agreements, datacenter/cloud platform infrastructure procurement contracts, partner program agreements)
- Experience in negotiating outbound hosted and on-premise license agreements
- Track record of successfully launching company-wide initiatives a plus, including creating and deploying new forms, processes and playbooks to support new and evolving business requirements
- Qualified to practice in at least one U.S. state, preferably California, with a law degree from a reputable law school
- Working knowledge of open source licensing and compliance
- Understanding of national and international privacy laws, a plus
- Sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Superior language, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in enterprise software and cloud companies preferred
This position is located in the company’s South Bay headquarters, with flexibility to work from the company’s San Francisco office on a part-time basis. Local candidates only.
Solutus Legal Search has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.