Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively engaged by our client, a fast-growing fintech startup with an innovative two-sided marketplace, to assist the executives with their search for a Product Counsel. This individual will report to the Chief Legal Officer and will have a key role in a small and growing legal department.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of combined relevant experience at a top law firm and in-house or in a key regulatory agency. Experience working in-house is preferred, but our client will consider strong law firm associates with relevant experience.
- Experience supporting product development in a regulated industry.
- Substantive knowledge of U.S. securities and investment management laws, rules, and regulations.
- Experience with broker dealer and/or investment advisor regulations, IP and global privacy rules and regulations is a strong plus.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and communicate effectively across the company.
- Advise and lead cross functional teams on the development, launch and growth of products.
- Provide counsel to product, engineering, design, sales, and operations teams throughout the product life cycle on applicable legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements in support of product initiatives.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant industry, private placement, investment, broker-dealer and privacy laws and regulations.
Our client’s culture is highly collaborative and collegial. The executives seek an attorney who is excited about the opportunities at the intersection of finance and technology and who brings a positive attitude and a desire to “pitch in and get things done.” Compensation is competitive and includes equity.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.