Our client, a dynamic, high-growth, pre-IPO technology company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in its search for a Product Counsel to join the Legal and Compliance team and support its consumer financial product offerings. Based in San Francisco, this individual will support and grow the company mission to create a world where work empowers a better life and to build inclusive workplaces with responsible financial benefits for employees.
In the role you'll be in a leadership position and will work closely with the Engineering, Product, Design, Business and Operations teams to provide guided advice and direction about the applicability of consumer financial laws for new and exciting products.
- Navigating complex product and regulatory frameworks to design and mature innovative financial products and services.
- Counseling the product, engineering, and design teams on a range of issues including financial services, privacy, and consumer protection.
- Working closely with the Compliance team to manage multiple financial services products.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of combined relevant legal experience in a law firm and/or an in-house legal department of a regulated financial institution or financial technology company.
- Familiarity with state and federal consumer financial and payments laws.
- Active license to practice law in California or New York, or ability to register in-house.
- Experience advising on financial products, including mobile apps.
- A collaborative approach and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, cross-functionally, and independently.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great legal team in a highly impactful role at a value driven company with passionate employees.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively engaged on this search. Interested candidates may submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for evaluation.