Our client, Opendoor, a newly public technology company and industry disruptor, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the Company in its search for a strong Privacy Specialist.
The Privacy Specialist will support the daily operation and ongoing maturity of the Company’s privacy program. This role will be responsible for performing day-to-day privacy activities that support the strategy, design, and execution of the Company’s privacy activities, and will partner with legal, business, and technology stakeholders to effectively document, integrate, and maintain privacy controls in the Company’s business operations. The Privacy Specialist will play a key role in ensuring that the Opendoor meets its legal and regulatory obligations, including the California Consumer Privacy Act and California Privacy Rights Act.
- Support processes and control frameworks for compliance with privacy and data security laws in existing and emerging markets
- Partner with business and technology stakeholders to operationalize privacy controls; create, monitor, and report on performance indicators to determine the effectiveness of privacy controls
- Support development and maintenance of privacy policies, procedures, standards, and guidance; execute implementation plan for communication and awareness of new and changed policies
- Contribute to privacy training and awareness; assist with development and presentation of privacy training, and track compliance to training requirements
- Assist with incident investigation and response in collaboration with security and legal teams, and track corrective actions
- Support risk assessments: document gap analysis and assist with development and implementation of remediation plans
- Respond to requests from data subjects
- Manage projects related to privacy program initiatives; communicate progress, escalations, and issue analysis to key stakeholders; effectively lead change management efforts across the organization
- Monitor and stay familiar with applicable global laws, regulations, and industry standards
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years project management, data privacy/security experience
- Demonstrated general knowledge of applicable privacy laws and regulations, including the California Consumer Privacy Act and California Privacy Rights Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, California Financial Information Privacy Act
- Demonstrated experience managing aspects of a privacy or compliance program, including managing project plans from start to finish, communicating with stakeholders, and bringing together cross-functional teams to execute towards a common goal
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with a demonstrated ability to execute against multiple projects and excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to communicate well with various stakeholders, including cross-departmental teams and leadership
- Excited and passionate about data privacy/security and compliance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and high attention to detail
- Good judgment, including the ability to preserve confidentiality
- PMP/PMI certification preferred
- IAPP certifications preferred (CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
Opendoor celebrates its employees’ diverse backgrounds. They believe that being open about who they are and what they do allows them to be better. Individuals seeking employment at the Company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Solutus has been selected as the retained representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.