Our client, a fast-growing and successful San Francisco based web-based technology company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist with its search for an attorney to drive the company’s data privacy and compliance strategies across a range of privacy, product, and data security initiatives. The role will report directly to the head of legal and the ideal candidate will have 5 – 8 years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience. Our client has a distributed workforce, so this will be a remote role.
- Assessing, improving, and driving the company’s data privacy and compliance strategies and processes, and providing specialized privacy expertise across multiple business units.
- Collaborating with InfoSec to perform periodic privacy hygiene assessments, advising on mitigation of security and data privacy compliance risks, and advising on responses to DSARs.
- Serving as product counsel and continuously incorporating privacy by design into the company’s products and services, and advising on or escalating, as necessary, other product legal issues as they arise.
- Drafting and negotiating data processing agreements and providing privacy support in a variety of other transactions as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following attributes:
- A JD from an accredited law school and at least one active bar membership.
- Significant knowledge of global data privacy regulations, including the GDPR and CCPA
- Experience in applying legal knowledge to provide clear and actionable advice and programs.
- Experience with negotiating and drafting data processing agreements.
- Be an adaptable and effective multi-tasker able to manage multiple, sometimes competing, demands.
- A good sense of humor and a genuine desire to be a helpful colleague and teammate.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and take on additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Previous in-house experience and/or CIPP certification (both pluses, not required).
Our client values the desire of all its employees to lead fulfilling and impactful lives. The company encourages employees to contribute wherever their interests take them, and to shape their experience at the company accordingly. The execs provide all employees 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of their specific roles and responsibilities.
Compensation is competitive with benefits including health, dental, vision, a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses and flexible parental leave. The company will also pay you to take a vacation, paying a $1000 bonus for taking your first vacation that is more than five days.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative on this desirable search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.