Our client, a thriving pre-public technology company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the executives in their search for a Privacy Compliance and Operations Manager to help the Company navigate the complicated challenges of processing personal data amid an ever-changing, global regulatory landscape. This role is ideal for the individual who is a self-starter with exceptional organizational abilities and who is skilled at working cross functionally with a variety of business teams and roles. This professional will report directly to the Global Head of Privacy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partnering with legal and business teams to develop and maintain scalable, systematic processes for maintaining data inventory, data map, and data retention and classification policies globally
- Working with legal on global privacy compliance programs, tools, and implementation
- Managing implementation of privacy tech tools to improve privacy program maturity
- Working closely with legal, policy and other cross-functional partners to address complex privacy reports and regulatory inquiries
- Managing a range of projects to improve internal efficiency and operational effectiveness
- Creating business and technical requirements to enable the automation of privacy controls and compliance obligations
- Providing guidance to business and engineering teams on compliance with the Privacy Program and its day-to-day objectives
- Supporting the Global Head of Privacy in development of Company policy positions and translating policy positions into operational excellence
Your qualifications include:
- At least three to six years of experience with a focus on data privacy and privacy compliance
- Experience in a privacy and operations environment working closely with legal, policy and key cross-functional partners such as product and engineering teams
- Strong judgement, influencing skills, integrity, and discretion
- Demonstrated project and process management skills
- Ability to balance operating independently with appropriate escalation to senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders
- CIPP/E/US/M/A certification is required.
- Experience in ad tech, digital marketing or related field
- Experience with GDPR, ePrivacy Directive, CCPA and other global privacy regulations
- Familiarity with IAB standards
- Technical aptitude, whether formal or informal, for example coursework in computer science; recreational or prior professional coding experience; prior product management experience etc.
This professional will be a self-starter and a passionate team player who is detail-oriented, enthusiastic, diligent, resourceful and wants to be part of a close and collaborative team. Compensation is competitive and includes equity.
The company is based in San Francisco, but this position may be remote for up to two years, and then located in San Francisco, New York, or Los Angeles, once employees are welcomed back to work.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.