Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively engaged by our client, a successful life science venture firm, to assist the firm in hiring an experienced, versatile corporate-securities and/or fund formation paralegal. With $3+ billion in assets under management, the firm has a team of clinical scientists, engineers, analysts and partners who support and guide companies at all stages of their life cycles.
About the Role
As the first paralegal on the legal and operations team, this person will not only work within the existing systems but will play a key role in defining new systems and processes as the organization grows. Our client is seeking someone with 4-8 years of related experience as a corporate-securities or fund formation paralegal who is comfortable exercising judgment, working independently and learning and growing alongside the team. The ideal candidate will have some exposure to an in house environment and experience at a major law firm.
- Participate as a team member and assist attorneys and operations personnel.
- Assist with managing, filing, proofreading and drafting documents and information related to VC funds and SPACs.
- Assist with new fund formations or winding down of funds, including proofing and execution of entity formation or dissolution documents and coordination with outside counsel of state registrations and qualifications.
- Track, calendar, and maintain documents, investor information and institutional information for fund clients via spreadsheets and databases.
- Complete and file various substantive forms with the IRS and government regulatory agencies as needed.
- Draft and process legal response letters in connection with audit requests in compliance with established firm processes.
- Retrieval of certified copies of corporate documents, certificates of good standing and legal existence and related documents from state officials for fund transactions or when otherwise requested.
- Review printer proofs of SEC and other filings
- Coordinate execution of closing documents including, but not limited to, closing certificates, partnership and operating agreements and side letters.
- Assist in closing binder preparation and distribution, and with other corporate document distributions.
- Assist with tasks in connection with closing of corporate transactions, including preparation of signature page packets, tracking execution status of documents and the maintenance and organization of corporate closing rooms, whether physical or electronic.
- Facilitating the execution and finalization of legal documents related to all areas of the business.
- Other duties as assigned; the firm expects this position to grow in responsibilities as you become familiar with the firm.
- At least four years of corporate securities or fund formation paralegal experience at a major law firm. Experience in house, after significant time at a law firm, is a plus.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management and support staff.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter, who understands the details within a much larger context.
- Ability to embrace new processes and incorporate new technology to meet demands as they evolve.
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
- Must be team-oriented and able to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out multiple related activities. Ability to work in a multi-office environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment. Must pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
- Will involve significant contact with all individuals at the firm and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; advanced degree a plus. Must have excellent Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills. Working knowledge of Gsuite is a plus.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that thrives on diversity and collaboration. Compensation is competitive.
Solutus Legal has been selected as the exclusive representative on this search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review and evaluation.