Our client, a thriving medical device company, has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the company in its search for a mid-level attorney to join it legal team as Litigation Counsel. Reporting to the Director of Litigation, this attorney is responsible for proactively and effectively managing litigation and pre-litigation matters in a diverse range of substantive areas and jurisdictions.
- Assist in the pro-active management and supervision of all aspects of the company’s outside counsel relationships, including fee agreements, staffing, litigation strategy, work product, budgets, and developing initiatives for managing spend.
- Work closely with company employees to represent the company and its affiliates from commercial claims, government and regulatory investigations, securities claims, and intellectual property assertions.
- Assist in all facets of litigation, including internal investigations, discovery, witness identification and preparation, revising legal briefs, development and execution of case and trial strategy, and negotiating and drafting settlements.
- Prepare and present clear, concise reports regarding the status of each matter and the associated risks.
- Provide strategic direction on existing litigation and disputes that could lead to litigation.
- Assist in developing litigation strategies to achieve business objectives, as well as creative approaches to resolving disputes, and to ensure goal alignment across various business teams.
- Investigate and respond to various commercial, employment, insurance coverage, privacy, customer relations, and business claims and complaints that could lead to litigation.
- Advise business partners to proactively address and resolve potential disputes while supporting the company’s business objectives.
- Provide advice and training on matters relating to litigation and litigation avoidance, including assessing the risks of potential litigation.
- Work with other legal team members to develop and implement scalable systems and procedures for the consistent handling of the company’s litigation, discovery, and avoidance of claims.
What You Will Bring:
- 4 to 10 years of litigation experience reflecting a strong record of success and accomplishment, with a law firm, in house law department, and/or federal law enforcement or regulatory agency.
- 6+ years of overall experience
- Experience litigating in federal court in intellectual property litigation is essential.
- Experience in securities, antitrust, and commercial disputes is preferred.
- Strong legal editing, writing, and analytical skills.
- Organizational and management skills.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- A strong work ethic with a commitment to ensure that all deadlines are met on time and with a high degree of quality.
- The ability to be persuasive while ensuring a positive customer and/or partner experience.
- Possess a sense of humor and positive attitude.
Compensation is competitive.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.