Our client, a newly public, cutting-edge technology company, seeks to hire a Legal Operations Manager (Compliance & Litigation) to join their top-notch and collegial legal team. This role has the option to be permanently remote or you may choose to work from one of the company’s offices (San Francisco, Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta).
In this role, the Legal Operations Manager will:
- Project manage legal processes relating to resolving customer disputes, including collecting information, reviewing recommended courses of action, and actively participating in settlement processes
- Manage and assist in all phases of regulatory investigation and litigation lifecycle, including assisting with e-discovery processes, tracking and updating information in our matter management system, and preparing for hearings, trials, and settlement discussions
- Perform research, fact investigation, and preservation functions, including managing our legal hold software platform
- Be an active participant in discovery processes, including gathering, reviewing, and analyzing complex data analytics
- Assist in the development and upkeep of our Compliance Management Systems, including those related to consumer complaints policies, processes, training, trending and reporting
- Analyze, issue spot, and escalate inquiries and issues to supervising attorneys
- Design, build, and deliver engaging presentations for internal and external audiences
- Respond directly to requests from outside counsel, insurers, and other stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 6+ years litigation and/or compliance experience in a major law firm, an in-house legal department, a financial institution, or some combination. Start-up experience preferred but not required
- A demonstrated mastery of computer skills, including a strong working knowledge of Google Suite, Excel, Word, Adobe, Box, and other web-based applications
- Experience with e-discovery processes and technology
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to solving problems and developing creative processes
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a growing legal team and cross-functionally with members at all levels of the organization
- Comfort with voicing views independently and respectfully
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented attitude, and superior attention to detail
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks effectively and independently
- Data querying and SQL skills preferred
The hiring manager for this role is fantastic and will be an outstanding supervisor and mentor. Our client’s culture welcomes good ideas from all employees. You’ll have the opportunity to broaden your scope of work, if you desire, including to help define and improve internal processes and manage special projects in collaboration with other team members.
Our client celebrates the diverse backgrounds of their team. Individuals seeking employment with our client are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Compensation for this role is competitive and includes equity.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the Company will be redirected to Solutus for evaluation.